Let me introduce myself
I’m Caroline, a 26 year old travel enthusiast from Antwerp, Belgium. From Monday to Friday I work for a couple of well known Belgian women magazines at Sanoma Media, but whenever I have the opportunity I’m out exploring new cities, countries, food, cultures, …
Since I don’t want to talk too much about myself, I decided to highlight some things about me with a simple Q&A. Don’t hesitate to contact me if there’s another thing you’d like to know
- Why Ma Valise? The last few years, friends, or friends of friends, used to contact me regularly for travel tips, inspiration or nice local addresses, so I decided that it was time to structure them somewhere online. And well… what better way to do that than with a simple travel blog.
- What do you miss most when you travel? My cats Doran & Elin, two fluffy midnight cuddle monsters. Both of them are Sacred Birmans, but one is a blue point and the other a seal point colour.
- What is your go-to cocktail? Definitely a whiskey sour.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Check my iPhone and turn on some easy-going jazz music.
- What’s your favorite carry-on flight essential? My Kiehl’s Lip Balm and Midnight Recovery Concentrate.
- If someone invites you over for dinner, what should they prepare? A thai (red) curry with a lot of fresh veggies! (& no nuts, sorry I’m one of those lucky peanut allergy people).
- A tropical island or a snowy mountain? Difficult choice, but I guess I’m going to go for the salty hair and sandy toes.
- What’s your favorite visited country so far? Canada, because of its impressive nature and the sweetest inhabitants I’ve ever met.
- Describe your coolest travel experience so far. Seeing the Northern Lights in Alaska. Someone who accidentally spotted it, woke us up in the middle of the night. Since we were camping right next to a huge lake, the sight was just magical. Still grateful for this unique experience.
- What is your N° 1 guilty pleasure road trip song? You may hate me for it, but nothing beats a good old Manu Chao song. Instant vacation mood.