Let me introduce myself
Hi, I’m Caroline, a 28 year old travel enthusiast living in Antwerp, Belgium.
Curious to get to know me better? Here’s simple Q&A to start with, but don’t hesitate to contact me if there’s another thing you’d like to know
- Why Ma Valise? The last few years, friends, or friends of friends, used to contact me regularly for travel tips and or nice local addresses, so I decided that it was time to structure them somewhere online. And well… what better way to do that than with a simple blog.
- What do you miss most when you travel? My 2 cats Doran & Elin, two fluffy midnight cuddle monsters. Both of them are Sacred Birmans.
- What is your go-to cocktail? Definitely a whiskey sour.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Open the shutter blinds and get my morning-routine going. First up: a hot shower!
- What’s your favorite carry-on flight essential? A travel size Clinique moisture surge spray to stay hydrated and my Stox travel socks (muy importante).
- If someone invites you over for dinner, what should they prepare? A thai (red) curry beef with a lots of fresh veggies! No peanuts involved, because I’m one of those extremely allergic people.
- A tropical island or a snowy mountain? Water addict so salty hair & sandy toes it is.
- What’s your favorite visited country so far? Peru, so versatile!
- Describe your coolest travel experience so far. Seeing the Northern Lights in Alaska. Since we were camping right next to a huge lake, the sight was magical.
- What is your N° 1 guilty pleasure road trip song? Buena Vista Social Club always gets me into a good holiday vibe.